Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Refresh BigQuery data(error)

Im try refresh my Big Query data

And im get this error message

MessageERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Exceeded rate limits: Your user_method exceeded quota for api requests per user per method. 

Cluster URIWABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID67a3881e-e6af-ac24-ef72-993f1e887bf7
Request ID0a518bce-f399-a97f-06b7-305d62b00daf
Time2018-05-05 18:53:40Z

Im not reach any big query limits.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rw-brusnika,

There is a limitation on Big Query side: 

API requests per second, per user — 100
Concurrent API requests, per user: 300

Please ensure you don't hit this limitation, see: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/quotas#api_requests

Also please try to refresh in Power BI desktop for the same report to see if any error occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

iyadaqel
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I'm having the same issue as above, and i'm only fetching a couple of rows from 3 different tables. 

Its weird that when i referesh from the PowerBI Desktop i'm not having any issue, but when i'm refreshing from the Web app i'm having the issue. It seems like a bug in the  web app? 

rw-brusnika
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

This error repeat on power bi desctop when im try refresh all big query tables.

How i can solve this problem?

danzrust
Helper IV

Same here. The issue started only recently.

I can get this message 20 times when trying to refresh. Then I refresh for 21st time and it goes through.

Not sure where the problem is but it's super annoying.

DZ

iyadaqel
Frequent Visitor

@HI @v-qiuyu-msft 

based on everyones input, do you think we should report this as a bug? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiecing the same issue.

Further, the request cannot be seen in the Google Cloud Console, where I would have expected it to show as an error due to quota limitations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having a similar issue. This is the first time I am trying to connect since installing PowerBI.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][BigQuery] (100) Error interacting with REST API: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates"

bartvandervurst
Regular Visitor

We experience the same Issue since 2 weeks: sometimes the refresh works; most often it doesn't. 
How can we solve?

Dominaky
Frequent Visitor

Same thing here. Breaks my automatic refresh about once a week. Has anyone report this yet?

danzrust
Helper IV

My observation is that I get this error in very complex datasets with many merges & appends when the source tables sit in Big Query.

When I refresh simple datasets with no lookups/appends, I am able to download even 50M rows from Big Query tables via Power BI with no issues.

DZ