Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Recieving Bad IL Range Error

Hello,

this is the second time im posting about this and i still cant get an answer to help solve the problem.

I connect power bi to MYSQL databases everything was working fine untill a few weeks ago and now everytime i try to connect to a MYSQL database or update data i get an error that states that i have a "BAD IL RANGE".

I have

Reinstalled power bi

reinstalled .net connector

reinstalled the ODBC connector

and i am still getting the same error. Can anyone please point me in the correct direction to get this issue solved as power bi is UNUSABLE to me because all of my data is stored in MYSQL databases. This seems to be an issue inside power bi because i can still connect to these sources in Visual Studio and various other SQL workbench type softwares. I really enjoy the microsoft program and do not want to switch to a different provider but i dont know what else to do at this point.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@tek2hd

It seems that this issue only happens in a specific machine of yours and cannot be reproduced on other machines. Have you tried the latest Jan 2017 version of Power BI Desktop? If yes and issue persists, have you create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page)?

Because this issue is machine specific, the support engineer may need more info about your machine after you create the ticket.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info