Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

'Recent colors' bug in Power BI Service

The 'recent colors' in Power BI Service does not behave normally or similar to PBI Desktop. The 'recent colors' adds the color of the object you click on, even when you don't change the color of something in it. So when you click around and make complex reports, the 'Recent colors' is useless because you end up losing the valuable color you wanted saved. 

When making several text boxes, or whatever object with a title background of different colors, and then clicking through them without changing the color of the different colored title background. You can reproduce this bug.

recent_colors_bug.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@tannera

I don't see any difference between Aug 2017 version of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service about 'Recent colors'. Please refer to my recorded video below, and let me know if there is any difference between our repro steps.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

tannera
Advocate II

Herbert, you are absolutely correct, I didn't realize the same thing happens in PBI Desktop because I had a custom theme that allowed me to keep track of my important colors. The lack of the custom theme in PBI service made it difficult to find my required colors and I just noticed them disappearing. 

You can close this issue. Thanks. 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered