Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Range Slicer Bug

I have a calendar table with two columns: one is for dates, the other is a "Enabled" flag (1 to enable, 0 otherwise).

Schermata 2019-11-03 alle 17.37.13.png

I want to use da date column as a numeric range slicer (between filter) and filter the single slicer visual for rows that has the "Enabled" flag to 1.

As an example, I used the very same dates as the values of a table to test the slicer.

Schermata 2019-11-03 alle 17.40.20.pngSchermata 2019-11-03 alle 17.40.34.png

The slicer works fine until I don't filter it with the "Enable" value, then, it seem to have filtered the slicer correctly (the dates displayed change accordingly) but the filtering action of the slicer on the table isn't affected: the dates are all still visible. If instead of the last value I move the slicer to the penultimate date, then it works!

Schermata 2019-11-03 alle 17.40.48.pngSchermata 2019-11-03 alle 17.40.59.png

It seem that when the range slicer is set to the last position it will in fact select the last available value regardless of the visual filter.

It seem also strange to me that if I turn the slicer to the "Dropdown" mode, when Date are filtered by "Enable" and I "Select All" the data, it will ignore the visual filter.

Schermata 2019-11-03 alle 17.42.02.png

Is this some kind of bug or is it intended behaviour? What's your take?

Thank to anybody that will take time on this.

Best,

Cesare

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cesare_centomo

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 156707288. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cesare_centomo

I got information form PG team that this is by design. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu