Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

REST API - import .rdl file fails using .NET sdk

Hi

I have an A4 embedded instance set up using Service Principal.

I can import a paginated report .rdl file in a workspace using the PowerBI web ui.

However if I try to import the same .rdl file using the REST API via the .NET sdk using the PostImportWithFileAsyncInGroup it fails with "BadRequest" error with response

{"error":{"code":"RequestedFileIsEncryptedOrCorrupted","pbi.error":{"code":"RequestedFileIsEncryptedOrCorrupted","parameters":{},"details":[],"exceptionCulprit":1}}}

I am able to import a .pbix successfully.

Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this?

Thanks

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kevinnmo

Please create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable
This issue still persist until now. Is anybody working on it or any solution?
kevinnmo

Hi @Anonymous 

Yes, we managed to get it working after opening a support ticket with Microsoft.

When calling the PostImportWithFileAsyncInGroup method you need to ensure that the datasetDisplayName property/argument ends with ".rdl" - that solves the problem!

I hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it I format the name with suffix ".rdl". but my issue is fix now by using this ImportConflictHandlerMode.Abort for nameconflict.

Thankyou for the help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous,

I facing the same issue, could you please share the script that you used to fix it? 😊

Thanks!

andres777
Advocate III

A few years later ...