Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RELATED(<column>) stopped working

Symptom: Usage of RELATED(<column>) now returns the error "the column 'encounter[form]' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context."

Changes since last functioning: Data refresh and upgrade to MARCH 2018 Power BI.

Specific issue: For a calculated column that was previously working using the RELATED function, it no longer is.

CODE: Form = related(encounter[form])

ERROR: The column 'encounter[form]' either doesn't exist or doesn't have a relationship to any table available in the current context.

RELATIONSHIP: obs to encounter tables, many to 1, on the encounter_id column shared by both columns.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @toddrobertander,

Please go to make sure the relationship between the table obs and encounter is active. 

q4.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

toddrobertander
Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure what the fundamental issue is, but it turns out that this happens when I delete a (already inactive) relationship far from this table--between a pair of tables 3 connections away. Once that (previously inactive) relationship is deleted, other relationships don't work correctly either.

I don't see a good way to troubleshoot that issue and truly can't imagine a reason that this would happen by design. I'm happy to just close the issue  or dive into it much deeper.

inc111
Frequent Visitor

Noticed this bug too. Got exactly the same error, would Microsoft be able to replicate this?Seems strange that when I create related(column) works fine in the Many relationship table, but not the other way round.

whQBE
Regular Visitor

same issue here, just happened, and I didn't change any relationships at all, just opened a file that was working yesterday, no change of any kind.