Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

R script visual "£" sign error (only after publishing)

I'm having trouble with an R script visual which correctly displays a pound sign, "£", when on my desktop. BUT, after publishing the report online all of the £ signs become "A£" (where the A has an accent).

I have tried using the unicode for £ sign "\u00A3" but the problem persists.

The package I am using to create the £ sign is the "scales" package which is supported by power BI. The exact function is dollar_format(prefix = "£") and as i mentioned before this works perfectly on desktop and comes with an extra character after publishing online.

Regards,

Will

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I can reproduce your issue. I have submit a report and the No. is CRI 50232399. The unicode "\u00a3" could be the workaround. It worked in my test.

library(ggplot2)
library(scales)
names <- dollar_format(prefix = "\u00a3")(dataset$Value)
barplot(dataset$Value, names.arg = names)

R script visual £ sign error (only after publishing)3 .jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale, 

That's interesting I've tried to use the unicode as well but with no success. I will give it another go, thanks for your time and efforts.

Will

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi Will,

Do you make it to work? I have received reply from PG. They have added this fix to the backlog. It will be fixed in the future.

Best Regards!

Dale

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

Apologies for the late reply, been a hectic week!

I have had another go at using the code for £ and it did indeed work, although I am certain I had already tried this with no success.

Perhaps something changed, maybe in the October update. At least it works now, thanks for your help!

All the best,

Will