Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Quickbooks PowerBI Desktop connector sign-in broken

I am using PowerBI Desktop (latest version 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (May 2018) fromt he Windows Store) and it fails to allow me to connect to Quickbooks Online.

I can click: Get Data > Quickbooks Online (beta) > Sign-in

Then it loads a pop-up to enter quickbooks credentials. However the pop-up only renders teh HTML header and footer and fails to load the body where you need to enter username and password. See here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/28d9qh1e9m2i8iz/quickbooks.png?dl=0

I tried this on 2 different PCs and it has the same behavior. I cant sign-in to connect to quickbooks. Please help! 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @k0thar,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please clear desktop data cache then test again. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

k0thar
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the suggestion but it did not work unfortunately. 

I tried to clear the cache and then connect to Quickbooks Online and it failed to load the sign-in field. Also, I tried to start a fresh project from scratch and it was the same behavior.

Any other ideas? Also, I dont think it is my installation since I tried this on 2 different PCs. 

k0thar
Regular Visitor

I also noticed that the links for terms of use and privacy policy in the sign-in pop-up for Quickbooks Online within PowerBI do nothing when I click them.

k0thar
Regular Visitor

I had success! 

I installed the same version of PowerBI Desktop (latest version 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (May 2018)) but the non-Windows Store version, downloaded directly from the PowerBI site. The quickbooks sign-in screen loaded fine and I was able to successfully sign-in. 

I retried again with the windows store version and con confirm that it Quickbooks connector is broken. Now sure why this happens.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @k0thar,

I have tested with the desktop installed from Windows Store, still not reproduce the issue. 

Please try to restart the machine. If issue persists, please enable the desktop trace log and repeat steps to get data from Quickbooks online, check if any error message logged in desktop trace log. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

tdupton
Frequent Visitor

I can confirm this is still broken with the June version of the Windows Store version of Power BI.

Version: 2.59.5135.581 64-bit (June, 2018)

lawson9876

Hi everyone.  I am also trying to connect to Quickbooks online.    After click on "Sign in", it brings me to the 2nd screenshot.  The middle section is blank and I cannot sign in with my credentials.  

I have already gone on Settings --> Data Source Settings, and ensured there is no Quickbooks connections.

qb1.JPGqb2.JPG

smarkley

I'm having the same issue with the December 2018 desktop version, was anyone able to get an answer on how to address?  Thanks 

JJL1990
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I am having trouble with the April 2019 Version, I get a script error before I progress to the blank login screen. This has been a problem for months now

Capture.PNG

Kind Regards

Jai

JJL1990
Frequent Visitor

@tdupton Thanks for the tip, I reinstalled power bi with the version from the website instead of the windows store and it worked perfectly.

Just to reiterate @v-qiuyu-msft the power bi desktop in Microsoft Store has a broken quickbook plugin, however the one downloaded from the store doesn't. I did a trace, did you want the file?