Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Quick insights admin/build permission issue

Hello

I am having an issue trying to access the Quick insights function on a dataset. The option is greyed out, and when I hover over the option the message "To use Quick insights, request the build permission from the author".

The problem is that I am myself the author, and then I navigate to the "Manage permissions" page for the dataset, I am listed with the "Administrator (Owner)" permission. I am not able to grant myself any additional permissions.

Many thanks
Marie

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

H@MarieAng

Did you import data to the report? Quick Insights only works with data uploaded to Power BI. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-insights

Did you use any feature in the report? Based on my test, if the report uses RLS, the Quick Insights will be greyed out.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MarieAng

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Thank youf or your reply.

I use import mode for this dataset. The quick insight functionality used to work, last time I used it was around a month ago, which is why I don't believe it's the storage mode that is the issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MarieAng

Did you use any other features in the report? For example, RLS which is mentioned in my previous post.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu