Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Query refresh displays only the "Evaluating..." stage

After the last Power BI Desktop Update - 2.97.801.0 64-bit (September 2021) - when I click Refresh Query, I see all my queries listed as "Evaluating..." and that's all! The data actually does refresh in time, but I don't see the other phases like connecting, getting data, and the number of rows downloaded as before.
Comments
vgeldbr
Helper IV

Two months with this issue? Ouch!!

AnonymousPerson
Advocate V

I don't know how much time I have left to get a cup of coffee and go to the rest room before my dataset refresh finishes.  I'm doing some serious performance testing here. The other day, I went to the kitchen to get a soda and came back and the refresh was still in progress. If I knew it was gonna take so long then I could have gone to 7-11 and got a pack of cigarettes too. Man I hate these problems!!

bkermen
Advocate I

Thanks for the update @v-chuncz-msft.

viz_vignesh
Frequent Visitor

I too am having the same problem. Previously we have the the number of rows loaded when refreshing a table manually. Now in the new version, it seems to be missing and I was confused for a bit then.

Is there any way this feature is mentioned somewhere in the latest update changelog?

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

vbakranai
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. I am getting data via ODBC connection. It is taking much longer to load and there is no way to see how much data is loaded while the refresh is happening.

bkermen
Advocate I

This seems to be fixed in the 2.98.1004.0 64-bit (October 2021) update.

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

Yes that is true. 

pabeader
Post Patron

Report Server version of Desktop has NOT been updated...

josef78
Memorable Member

Please, make fix also in Power BI Desktop RS