Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Query refresh displays only the "Evaluating..." stage

After the last Power BI Desktop Update - 2.97.801.0 64-bit (September 2021) - when I click Refresh Query, I see all my queries listed as "Evaluating..." and that's all! The data actually does refresh in time, but I don't see the other phases like connecting, getting data, and the number of rows downloaded as before.
Comments
SjoerdV
Frequent Visitor

A lot of problems with the new version indeed. Crashing, fully using RAM including CTD's, DQ a DF would not refresh.

Downgrade to August-version and no problems.

Frankie_Vannini
Advocate I

I've installed version 2.97.921.0. However the problem is still there. Removed and installed August version again

AnonymousPerson
Advocate V

Noticed there was new verison of Power BI Desktop this morning. Installed it, but no joy. Just sadness.

mret

Hi,

Same issue as you all with the septembre update. We don't know if the refrech works or not ... till the end. We all need a patch ASAP.

Note : I use a desktop version 64 bits on my Surface Pro7 with Windows 10 Pro French 64 bits.

vgeldbr
Helper IV

Same issue here. Stuck on Evaluating across all previously working Power BI files. Updated to the second refresh for September 2021 and it is not fixed in that update.

AntonioPalomas
Advocate III

We are having the same problem.

Users who develop on Power BI Desktop are asking about the issue.

vgeldbr
Helper IV

Our enterprise Microsoft Power BI contact confirmed this is a known issue. It seems it won't be fixed in September build (already 2 updates) and we may have to wait until October! 

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@bkermen 

Engineers have found the root cause and are discussing a fix, stay tuned.

jkah
Regular Visitor

I have a similar issue with refresh getting stuck at Creating Connection in Model. Happens on an initial data load, refresh and trying to apply changes with power query (Even the data previews in power query are very slow.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@bkermen 

Fix will be released in the November version of Power BI Desktop.