Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Query Editor becomes invisible

Submitted a post to the community forum but no solutions there; all the details are included there and to answer @amitchandak's comments:

-I am running the latest version of Windows and Power BI

-Issue persists even when Power BI is the only app open

-157 GB of free space

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Power-Query-Editor-becomes-invisible/m-p/2809251#M972427

Thanks!

Hi @njohnimperial

This only happened when you open the pbix file , right ? If you import data and then create a new report , can you use the functions in Power Query Editor normally ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @njohnimperial

This only happened when you open the pbix file , right ? If you import data and then create a new report , can you use the functions in Power Query Editor normally ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

njohnimperial
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft If I open a blank pbix file, I can open the query editor and can see the query when I pull in a new input file. The issue occurs for several other different pbix files that are already established. 

njohnimperial
Regular Visitor

I'd like to add another detail to this issue. It looks like it only occurs when I'm accessing the reports through remote desktop on a laptop. The reports work fine when using the actual computer.