Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Query Editor Window Bug

Bug in PowerBI Desktop Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017)

When you single click a query in the "Queries" selector on the left hand side, it thinks you want to move the query up or down to re-order.

This did not happen in the previous version.

Issue.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jameslo30,

I review the video and I see before 00:16 you are just clicking on the query not hold it so the query doesn't move. After that time you are clicking on the query and holding on the selection, it's expected that the query will be moved when you move the cursor as you don't release the control. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jameslo30
Advocate III

@v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your reply, however, I can assure you that the mouse button is not being held. PowerBI is acting as though the left mouse button is being held - it is not.

There are also other users that are reporting this issue above - I thought it was only me, but it is not.

Many thanks,

James

mikegunns
Helper I

Yes, I can confirm that it behaves exactly as if the left mouse button is being held, but it does this upon single click to select a query from the left pane.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 51918464. will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

nevens
Regular Visitor

I've experienced the same behavior, beginning perhaps several months ago. It happens if you click quickly. If instead you click slowly, holding the mouse button down long enough for the window redraw to complete prior to releasing, the issue does not occur.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Please refer to @AlexGorev's post here

are you installing Desktop from the Windows Strore? If so, please make sure you have the latest version where this issue was addressed.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jameslo30
Advocate III

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I have downloaded PowerBI Desktop via the Windows Store. I am on:

Version: 2.52.4921.581 64-bit (November 2017)

Seems OK so far - Although, you can't move the query up or down the list by holding - But at least the problem has gone.

Thanks,

James

mikegunns
Helper I

Hi All,

I am using the Windows Store version of desktop. I don't know if a new version was pushed this weekend but I cannot even open Power BI Desktop today. I get this error.

error.PNG

intrixius
Regular Visitor

Is this problem about the unwanted dragging already solved? I have the exact same issue in the Excel Power Query Editor (Office 365, version 1808 (Build 10730.20102) , which is very annoying...

Best regards