Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Q&A showing wrong locations

I have the following model on my SSAS instance:

| 'Asset Name' | 'Latitude' | 'Longitude' | 'Type' |

| 'Asset 1'         | -23.76     |   -53.30       |     A    |

| 'Asset 2'         | -23.76     |   -53.30       |     B    |

| 'Asset 3'         | -23.76     |   -53.30       |     B    |

It works fine if I configure it correctly on a report.

On an Embedded Q&A, when asking 'show my B assets on a map', the expected output would be a map with the 2 B assets at the same position.

What I get instead is the assets in 2 different positions. I already tried different models for the Location without success.

What is the suggested approach to solve this issue?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean you use Ask a Question feature in a report? Does the issue happen in Power BI desktop or service? 

As there is only one table, I use the enter data to do the test. In the latest Power BI desktop version 2.65.5313.701, there only one bubble display. You can update your Power BI desktop then test it again if issue happens in desktop. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-qiuyu-msft,

I'm currently using Q&A Embedded as described in this example:

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/demo/v2-demo/index.html#

If I use the bubble map on a report in Power BI Desktop, by configuring the visual properly, it works.

If I try the 'Ask A Question' feature on Power BI Desktop by importing the dataset It gives me the wrong locations.

Kind regards,

Erbene Castro

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I tested again in online Power BI embedded Q&A sample with this sample report, it returns the same result as we use "Ask a Question" feature in Power BI desktop. As you mentioned the result in desktop shows wrong location, would you please share some screenshots to show the correct location you expected? 

q6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu