Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Q&A dropdown broken

Hi

Since desktop release of april and even earlier in the cloud the Q&A dropdown functionality has been broken.

I used to be able to do click in the question and choose other values or other charts or other measures or ... but this isn't possible anymore. This was one of the most spectacular and user friendly functionalities of Q&A. Is it possible to get this back soon?

Power BI march.jpgPower BI march 2.jpg

Friendly greets

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu

I have reported the issue internally: CRI 116515756. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

mohammadali
Power BI Team

Hey svenvu,

I am the Program Manager for Power BI Q&A and we are currently reviewing this. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind having a quick call so we can understand what features you like to hear as well as get some feedback from you on your usage of Q&A. Send me an email to mohaali@microsoft.com and ill continue from there if that is ok.

Mo

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @svenvu

PG team already created a bug to fix this issue. The commit date is June 21, 2019. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

svenvu
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft  and @mohammadali 

This functionality works almost again but not completely.

Q&A1.PNG

The behaviour for measures is also still different:

Q&A2.PNG

I don't know if I should start another bug topic but the question broke down in the service. It is now impossible to ask that same question. I also tried to simplify the question but I always get an error in the service:

Error Q&A1.PNG

Details:

Kan de gegevens voor dit visuele element niet laden
Kan de gegevens voor dit visuele element niet ophalen. Probeer het later opnieuw.
Probeer het later opnieuw of neem contact met de ondersteuning. Geef de volgende gegevens op wanneer u contact opneemt met de ondersteuning.
Activiteits-id: ccec6bf1-e03e-443d-a933-579cbb5968f9
Aanvraag-id: 7a797652-4524-efb3-b0c2-3b82453ae243
Correlatie-id: 4c9c7b83-6c7d-b5c3-69d1-7cb8148b5f1f
Tijd: Fri Jul 12 2019 12:56:09 GMT+0200 (Midden-Europese zomertijd)
Versie: 13.0.9933.297
URI cluster: https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Would it be possible to look further into this?

PS: the dropdown for "Personeel", "Uitgaven" and "Column chart" looks ok now.

Friendly greets

svenvu
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft  and @mohammadali 

Update:

1. It seems I don't get the error anymore: Thank you for fixing this!
  2. Would it be possible to provide more info about the dropdown for measures and fields as described in my previous post? The old behaviour is still not working so it is not easy to click on a measure/field and choose a different measure/field. Thank you for any update on this!

Friendly greets

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@svenvu ,

This issue has been fixed currently.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao