Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Q&A button on report page does not recognize the same questions as what works in the Dashboard Q&A

I have tested this out several ways. Detailed description can be fount here: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Q-amp-A-in-desktop-not-recognizing-a-question-that-works-in...

This model is based on an SSAS Tabular database hosted on premise and is avvessed via Direct Query. 

I have also noticed that a quesiton typed in the Q&A on the dashboard does not give me results for all members of a certain dimension. Example: I can type "show net fees for 2019 by Partner" and the "by partner" is interpreted as the UserName field in the Partner table, but it does NOT give me the option, or results, if I use the pharase "...by Partner Name". FYI: "[Partner Name] is simply another attribute/column in the Partner table.

If Direct Query is going to work it should work across the board, not give different results from different entry points.

I also noticed the following:

"show net fees for 2019" gave me a number X. But "show net fees for 2019 by Partner as a matrix" had a grand total at the bottom that was like 1/2 of X. How can it give ONE number as ana all-up total, but then give a lesser number when broken down by a dimension?

I want my users to embrace Q&A but NOT if it's not going to be reliable.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ToddChitt

As you are using live connection to SSAS model, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu