Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Python personal gateway credentials

I'm currently trying to schedule a refresh for a Power BI report which uses python to transform the loaded data.

I can get the python script to run on my local machine in powerbi desktop, but when I publish it and attempt to schedule the refresh, I get an error concerning invalid credentials (Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.). The other data sources connect fine through the personal gateway. When I click on 'Edit Credentials' for Python, I get the following specifics:

Failed to update data source credentials: ADO.NET: Python script error. Traceback (most recent call last): File "PythonScriptWrapper.PY", line 2, in <module> import os, pandas, matplotlib File "C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\pandas\__init__.py", line 19, in <module> "Missing required dependencies {0}".format(missing_dependencies)) ImportError: Missing required dependencies ['numpy']

Activity ID:177ce143-63b1-422a-8852-ca1bef96a846
Request ID:9f20ee17-91cb-ab92-75d9-7688929f6157
Status code:400
Time:Fri Feb 28 2020 11:07:32 GMT+0000 (Greenwich Mean Time)
Service version:13.0.12439.190
Client version:2002.3.018
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

I can't see any way to select the python installation to run the script with, but all of my local environments should be able to run the script (notably, they all have numpy installed)

Thanks in advance for your help.

George Kinnell (Altius)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Gkinnell ,

Is the on-premises data gateway (personal mode) installed on the same machine as Python directory? 

Please check this document, set the Privacy Level of Python data source to Public. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-python-in-query-editor#limitations

Please update the gateway to the latest version then go to Power BI service, specify the credential for the Python data source to see if the same issue occurs.  

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Gkinnell

@v-qiuyu-msft Yes, they are both installed on the same machine.

The privacy level is set to public and the gateway was only installed last Thursday so is up to date.

It is not possible to specify the credential for the Python data source, this box is greyed out and cannot be selected.

Thanks,

George

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exactly same problem.

- have set privacy level to public

- have installed latest on-premises data gateway (personal mode)

- but still get error

2020-03-03 (2).png

@v-qiuyu-msft  help please!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the exactly same problem.

- have set privacy level to public

- have installed latest on-premises data gateway (personal mode)

- but still get error

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Sorry for the late response. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

santoshkoirala
Regular Visitor

Any update on this issue? I am having the same problem. I have a personal gateway on my PC which has Python, Power BI Desktop and all. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, any update ..?

salmon
Employee

Hi, have you solve the problem? Similar problem here 

salmon_0-1593411416796.png

salmon
Employee

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , is there any other way to get technical support for employee of MS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here.

No updates on this?