Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Pusblish to service errors

As of yesterday, there are multiple errors when you publish to the power bi service. It either gives a 409 error, or it takes to long or it doesn't let you overwrite the old version until you delete the old first online. Am I the only one right now?

Thanks in adv

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

++ i also face same issue with a couple of PBIX.

gabriele
Regular Visitor

same problem 😞

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@KDIXN @gabriele @Anonymous ,

Do you still get this issue? I can publish PBIX file from Power BI Desktop March release to Power BI Service, and replace existing dataset.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft  - I had raised support ticket regarding this yesterday and this was already marked as known problem being worked on by Product Team. It was updated in support page; it is no longer displayed there. I am yet to receive confirmation from the support engineer though.

Also just noticed something new on support page:

"Customers using the March release of the on-premise Gateway may experience intermittent issues with refresh. As a workaround, customers can perform an on-demand refresh which should work. Engineers are working on a fix and will provide an ETA soon."

KDIXN
Advocate I

Yes, but some no problem, some won't publish

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@gabriele @KDIXN ,

Do you still get the above issue? A similar issue has been reported internally : CRI 111036973. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

gabriele
Regular Visitor

The problem is when upload a new version of pbix, not for dataset refresh.

MitieFred
Helper V

Am experiencing the same problem, but with only 1 report. 

Currently resorting to updating the published version online, a slow process.