Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Publishing to Power BI service never ends

Hi,

I just did the May Update and now when I try to publish to the Power BI Service it just displays the plublishing screen forever.

When I look in the service it is actually published and works fine but the desktop application never finishes and needs to be forced to close via the task manager.

I am signed in when I try to publish.

Thanks

Kirsty

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Mo-PHAT,

Does the issue happen to all reports when publishing or one specific report? 

Would you please restart the computer and test again? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Mo-PHAT
Helper I

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

I have restarted ect and no change.  I am finding that it seems to be just one report.  And the strange thing is is thatonce in a while it just works perfectly, then the next 2 or 3 times it does the whole freeze thing.

After some more investigation I think it might be related to the view I am using.  I am going to rewrite that and se if it changes anything.

Thanks

Kirsty

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Same issue for me whatever the report...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue for me. Even when the "report" contains nothing more than a single table with one column / one row (using "Enter data") and the visualization is just a table showing that one value.

There's another "issue" that already captures that, I'll try to find the link (I was on it just a few minutes ago).

Scott

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's the link of the other thread tracking this issue:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/PowerBI-Desktop-Publish-Hangs/idi-p/278188

Scott

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I'm striking the same behaviour on multiple machines, with multiple reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, was this ever solved?

Mo-PHAT
Helper I

@Anonymous  yes the issue seemed to go away. probably after the release that came out.