Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publishing report connected to Azure Analysis Services model gives gateway error in Dec 18 Desktop

I have a pbix connected to an Azure Analysis Services model (this is the only source in the pbix). When I attempt to publish it using PBI Desktop 2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018) I receive a warning: "Publishing succeeded, but the published report can't connect to the data source because we were unable to find a gateway. Please install and configure an enterprise gateway. (Existing Analysis Services connectors will contnue to work.)". When I check the dataset in Power BI Web everything seems fine i.e. the data is there and it is able to refresh. This is the case when publishing both a new and exisiting pbix.

If I try to publish the same pbix using a previous version of PBI Desktop e.g. November 2018 it publishes without error and states: "Publishing succeeded. The published report has been configured to use an enterprise gateway".

Is this message in the December version a bug since the pbix actually seems to have been published without problems, plus it works ok in the November version? (As an aside I don't really understand why a model based purely on Azure Analysis Services uses the gateway anyway?)

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@PaulKn,

I have consulted internally. I will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Investigating

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@PaulKn,

Could you please provide a screenshot  about how the connection to Azure AS is defined in Desktop?

Is the Azure AS data source in the same domain as you in Power BI?In other words, do you use same account to sign in Power BI Service and connect to Azure AS?

Regards,
Lydia

PaulKn
Advocate II

@v-yuezhe-msft Thanks for the reply. Yes, we use the same account to sign in to the Power BI service and connect to Azure AS.

The connection is defined as below (I have not included the full address or database name in the interests of privacy). I have tried both the standard "SQL Server Analysis Services database" connector and the "Azure Analysis Services database" connector

image.png

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@PaulKn,

I can reproduce this issue on my side, and I have send the issue to PG internally. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@PaulKn,

This issue has been reported internally : CRI 98695280. The fix for this issue should be included in Feburary release of Power BI Desktop.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

Is this issue is fixed because still i am facing the same Problem?

Regards,

Phaneendra 

PaulKn
Advocate II

@Anonymous I've tried it in the February 2019 edition of Power BI Desktop and it seems to work fine now for me