Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Publishing error 404

Dear all,

Today i tried to publish a report which resulted in a 404 error.

This report (import based) is 200mb, has 3 calculated measures (via the quick calc optional funcytionality), two tables, no fieldnames simmilair to table names. The report is rather straightforward.

I cannot seem to find a reason for this error happening.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Best regards,

sander

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@SanderK

Is it possible to provide your PBIX file to me to have a try on my side? You can upload it to online file service like OneDrive and then share it.

If it contains sensitive data and cannot be shared, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am having the same issue with a number of my files. Can you help me with this as well?

remig
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue with my report; it published ok last week, then I added query to Active Directory and calculated tables , and now it does not work. I tried re-publishing a backup of that report taken last week, and it work. I tried replacing the Active Directory query by manually entered data, and got the same 404 Not Found erro message.

The whole thing is useless if I can't share my report. Please,  someone in Microsoft, do something, please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine got resolved with the help of Microsoft. My issue was because I had all my measures in a separate table but no columns in that table. I added in a dummy column and was then able to publish.

remig
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous, you are a legend for sharing this info. Thank you so much, it has solved my problem.

I went to Query Editor and simply deleted the 'Removed Column' step in each table that showed no column (i.e. those tables I use for measures only). Microsoft , please fix this issue so others won't waste time like I did (and probalby many others did).