Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Publishing an APP causes reshare permission to be present on Dataset for all members

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/quot-App-Reshare-quot-permissions-keep-coming-back/td-p/780...

There is already documentaiton on this Bug.  This seems to present a major security flaw in the power bi permissions service.  We have been exposing sensitive datsets to the entire organization becuase of the reshare permission constantly reappearing.  We are now unable to use published Apps becuase of this.

As a side note, would be great to truly lockdown and govern permissions on a workspace.  Somehow all the ways to share and govern access to data and reports in the power bi service keep fighting with each other to the effect of me not understanding at all all.  It's a governance mess at the moment, I truly have no idea who can access my datasets (why is there no bulk option to lock all datasets in a workspace).  Tableau's permission's model set my mind at ease.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I can reproduce the issue on my side. Will report it later. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft Thanks for looking into this.  Please let me know if you need any additional information.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported it internally: CRI 178236488. Will keep you update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I got information below: 

"Yes, it is by design. Currently, publish or update an app will grant reshare permission to users on dataset automatically.We are working on a feature to allow app owner to config that however it is not released yet."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu