Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publishing : The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

So since today I've been getting one of following errors. It started when I tried to publish an existing version of a report, when i got this error.

Errors: 

The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

or

Publishing failed for uknown reason

or

Endless "publishing", that cannot be cancelled and the powerbi must be shut down via task manager

Here is what I tried so far:

- removed the data set

- rename the report

- create a new report on same data set

- create a new report on different data set (and connection type)

- moving the .pbix file to online storage

- relog, restart, trial pro version, publish to workgroup

- and of course googling for hours.

EDIT: Looks like it was resolved, today it works fine.

Comments
runemalo
Frequent Visitor

Have the same problem!

Borntoreport
Helper II

Since hours i have the same problem and i am looking forward to find a solution!!

purvita
Regular Visitor

I am having same error unable to publish , and the file that got published also failed

LGF89
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here:

PowerBI issue.JPG

SortedBI
Regular Visitor

I am having this issue. I have followed the same steps. I have created test reports using new data sets with new names also and i cannot upload.

I have also installed the lastes updates to see if there was a bug that had been fixed. The issue is still occuring

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've had the same problem today too.  However, there was an awareness note on the service outage page regarding that some people in the North Europe area may have problems publishing.  I've just tried again and all ok now.

LGF89
Frequent Visitor

I am not in the North Europe area and as of EST 3:30 PM, I still cannot publish the report. The "Get Data" button from the online PowerBI portal doesn't work either.

sysu20

Same here.. I have got the same error.

The remote server returned an error (404) Not found

Zodiakcz

For me, looks like it was caused by that support notification, today I can publish again just fine.

Since the notification was about refresh of tiles, didnt figure it was related.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

There is still an awareness in the support site. The engineers are still working on the publish issue. Please keep an eye on it.

Cannot publish any report_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert