Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Published report filters are lost when setFilters is called

We published a report with 2 report level filters: one configured to have single selection, and one hidden.

When we embed the report using JS api, and use setFilters, the initial filters configuration is lost:
the first filter becomes multi select and the second filter becomes visible.

The expected behaviour is to keep the initial filter configuration, with which the report was published and apply the filters using setFilters over the existing filters configuration.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @gicagugui

Please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

tzake
Frequent Visitor

The hidden and locked have been resolved in power bi embedded via the properties from this interface:

https://microsoft.github.io/PowerBI-JavaScript/interfaces/_node_modules_powerbi_models_dist_models_d...

However, setting the "Require single selection" flag on a filter in pbi desktop or service is lost when embedding and setting filters because of the missing property somewhere in the pbi js sdk.

Will this have a corresponding property in the next releases?

fuji
Regular Visitor

Hi @gicagugui and all,

have you solved the issue or have any clue why is it happening?

Everytime I use setFilters() or updateFilters() it visually sets/updates only the 1st filter passed, but hides all the other from filters panel. But then calling getFilters() returns them all, even though only 1st filter remains visible in filters panel.

I have created stackoverflow topic around that as well with more details.

UPDATE:

COLLAPSING/EXPANDING FILTERS PANEL MANUALLY (after setFilters/updateFilters) HELPS TO UN-HIDE DISAPPEARING FILTERS.

I will play around more to check if it has something to do with filterPaneEnabled setting...