Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Published Report Font Size Increasing

Several reports now contain font size that is larger than what was specified in desktop. Font size increased in KPI cards, cards, multi-row cards, text box). For instance, KPI cards are set to 22 pt but when published or refreshed change to 45 pt. I have the latest version of desktop and have not enabled the infrastructure update. 

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're seeing similiar that must have come in the last few days. No changes to report at all but now title text is either a different colour or different size. 

robrien6
Advocate IV

We are also seeing font changes on reports published to the service, both on Font Size and font Colour (fonts reverting to Black for a non-blank visual header)

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@paultredrea 

I tried the latest version to test several cases and the appearance in service is the same as desktop.

paultredrea
Advocate II

What's weird is it's only a few reports that are impacted. I also noticed the fonts have been changed from DIN to Seulgi

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@paultredrea 

A similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

CRI 255737627

fuchss001
Regular Visitor

I too am experiencing this issue. The font type and size I've configured in Desktop becomes something else when published in webservice. This happened a few months ago too in Button Text. Specifically buttons configured with text that did not have a text size or font family identified in the Format Button, Button Text.

Currently I am seeing the issue inText Box visuals and Slicers.

I've configure Font Family = Arial in Desktop but Font Family = Segoe UI in webservice.

DataZoe
Employee

I am also seeing this issue, and it's also impacting Titles too. Existing reports are fine but new published reports are having an issue.

fuchss001
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft is there an update to share on this issue?

CRI 255737627

Thanks

DataZoe
Employee

@fuchss001 It has returned to normal for me, but I also changed my titles to "Normal" from "Heading 3" as well. I wonder if that may help you?

DataZoe_0-1629935623397.png

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@paultredrea 

Custom report theme textClasses may not apply if not fully defined.

As a workaround, the user should define fontSize, fontFace, and color for each of the four base textClasses (callout, title, header, label) in their custom theme. At a minimum, it should look like the snippet of JSON in the documentation (though the values for the different properties can be changed): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-report-themes#setting-formatted-tex...

Besides, take a look at Limitations and considerations.