Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Published App - background image from first report shows briefly while second report page is loading

Hi,

I have an App which I have published in the Power BI Service.  This app contains two reports.

Report 1 has a single page with a full page background image.  This is set at the top of the App navigation list and basically used as the welcome screen to the App.  This loads fine.

Report 2 has a number of report pages.  It does not have a background image set on any page.  However, if you have been viewing the intro page from report 1 and then click to view one of the pages of report 2, the screen goes white, then the background image from report 1 reappears, then the visuals from report 2 are displayed over the top of the background image, and then the background image disappears, leaving report 2 displaying normally.   Several users have reported to me that this transition looks very messy/clunky.  The background image from report 1 needs to disappear before any of the visuals from report 1 start displaying.  Note: If you change between any of the pages of report 2 there are no problems.  It only occurs if changing from report 1 to report 2. 

If it helps, I am happy to provide a video of the behaviour, however I would prefer not to publicly upload it here.  I'm happy to send it to Microsoft separately if that can be arranged.

Thanks

Regards, David

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 145298185. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @v-qiuyu-msft 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft - just wondering if there is any update on your internal ticket CRI 145298185

Thanks

Regards, David

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

We've created an internal bug that will track the work to fix this issue. We hope to have a fix within several weeks.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu