Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publish to web report not refreshing, despite sucessful scheduled dataset refresh

Hi,

I made a PowerBI report and published to my website.

Scheduled data refresh is working fine. I am getting data from SQL Server 2014 database through the On Premises Data Gateway in my cloud server, and the log shows that the scheduled refreshes of the dataset are successful:

https://snag.gy/RvwH13.jpg

But the report is not being updated automatically in my website. It only updates if I click ´Refresh´ manually in Power BI, which defeats the purpose:

https://snag.gy/Lz8kex.jpg 

Is there something wrong with my report, or is it supposed to work like this?

Regards,

Carlos Mata

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@matacarlos01

How long did you wait for the web report to be updated? According to this official document, data refreshes are automatically reflected in your embedded report or visual. But it can take approximately 1 hour for refreshed data to be visible from embed codes.

Best Regards,

Herbert

matacarlos01
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

It takes around 2 minutes to do the scheduled dataset refresh, but the report does not get automatically updated.

When I manually click 'Refresh' to load the report with the refreshed dataset it takes less than 1 minute.

If I don't click anything, the dataset gets refreshed as per scheduled refresh, but the report doesn't.

Regards,

Carlos Mata

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@matacarlos01

After the scheduled refresh happens, how about the result if you refresh the website page?

For example, dataset is refreshed on 9:00 AM. If you see nothing changed in the website report until 10:00 AM, can the website report be updated after you refresh the webpage which includes this report?

Best Regards,

Herbert

matacarlos01
Regular Visitor

Hi Herbert,

The dashboard is now refreshing! Smiley LOL

The issue was that I had two data gateways that were refreshing the same dataset from two different computers. I had uninstalled the gateway from one of the computers, but forgot to delete the gateway in the "Manage Gateways" section of Power BI web.

The broken gateway was showing the warning that it was disconnected (as expected), whilst the other one was working and scheduled refreshes on the dataset were being successful. But the dataset refreshes were not being applied to the report automatically. Only the dataset. Very strange.

After deleting the broken gateway in the "Manage Gateways" section, both the dataset and report are now refreshing automatically.

So it looks like a bug in Power BI to some degree.

Regards,

Carlos Mata

ShrikantKhanna
Helper II

My data is suppose to refresh every hour and the embeded link gets refreshed in an hour's time. 

While testing for the past 2 weeks the embeded link was refreshing in 5 mins lag and I was happy, however, since being live it is taking more than an hour. 

Is there no solution solution to this ?

@v-haibl-msft