Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Publish option does not work anymore

Since today 2017-1-11 I cannot update ANY of my PowerBI reports anymore. Tried 6 different ones.

Using the publish option gives me the "replacing dataset" message, and after that the publishing icon just keeps on spinning.

After 1 hour I dont get any error message.

The reports I want to update use directquery to our database, as well as no direct connectivity / upload data to service. The reports are published through the "publish to web" option into an application. It is not an option for us to delete the reports and upload them again because the weblinks will change and then we need to update the application.

What I really dont like is that some of the reports that I cannot update anymore, now show versions of the reports online that I uploaded over 2 months ago! I dont like that Microsoft keeps my historic reports for security reasons.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Works again, close issue.

hjameeuwsen

I still have this problem. What changed?

hjameeuwsen

I renamed the report, re-authenticated, and renamed it back, and now everything works fine again. O well....

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

SabineOussi
Skilled Sharer

Sign out from PBI Desktop and sign back in again, this should work until they find a solution.

Bartman71

Have similar issue. Happened again yesterday morning and the Power BI Support site reported again "we are experiencing delayed scheduled refreshes and report publishing in the Norhtern Europe Region". Late yesterday it worked (message on PowerBI support gone).

This morning spinning again ...

Very frustrating as we've just started using PowerBI two months ago. Love the product but I'm now losing credibility with it. The Tableau folks are now pointing out the inmaturity ... and arguing we should go Tableau - very fustrating. I'd also like to be able to expolain what is causing this, so we know if/when it can be fixed; now it;s just a big unknown ... 

S_M
Helper III
Helper III

I am also facing this issue once more now, third time in 5 days, however, i currently do not see it recognized as a known issue on the Power BI Support Site - any one else having troubles ? 

hjameeuwsen

Happened again today, Switch account worked as workaround (just sign0in again with the same account). Annoying....

Michael1
Helper II

I'm experiencing this as well today.  Spins for hours.

publishing.png

Please re-open this issue.  I am using the latest build, that was released on Thursday.