Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Publish Report Error if Not Signed In

Power BI Desktop seems to be signing me out of my Power BI account. When I go to publish a report while not signed in it asks me for my credentials, but doesn't allow me to type anything in. I have to open Task Manager and Force Close Power BI, reopen, Sign In, then publish.

Comments
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

KarlinOz
Advocate III

Phew, so glad you could reproduce it @v-haibl-msft, thank you for persevering through with us.

KarlinOz
Advocate III

Hello @v-haibl-msft do we have any progress on this? It is costing me a resonable amount of time.

Thanks,

karl

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@KarlinOz

Power BI Team are planning to release the fix soon. We can use the following workaround now.

This freeze happens when users (who are already signed in) work on the report (or leave it idle) for more than 40 minutes without signing in or publishing. The workaround is to close Power BI or sign out then sign back in before publishing.

Best Regards,

Herbert

KarlinOz
Advocate III

Thanks for that info @v-haibl-msft, that helps me put in place a mitigation plan.

Kind regards,
Karl

dkkip05
Advocate I

Thanks @v-haibl-msft!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

There is a new version of PBI Desktop just released. Please download it and this issue should be fixed in this version.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Best Regards,

Herbert

wknelson
Advocate II

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks, working for me - justs adds the extra step of logging in again rather than having the upload screen block you from signing in. I guess this adds a layer of security as it appears the app times you out even though the program indicates you are logged in.

At least it's working:-) Thanks!

KarlinOz
Advocate III

Ditto @wknelson thx dev team, I can work with this now. Would be nice if the logged in state shows that the user is actually logged out but is workable as is for now.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered