Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Public to Web doesn't work: This content isn't available.

Hi,

I tried to get this thing working again, after it works for years now.

But since a couple of weeks it doesn't work anymore.

I create new embeded code, check the admin setup that it is allowed, but still I get the issue:

"This content isn't available."

Link is: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNDlkOWExYTMtNmRhMy00YTY4LWIxNjAtZGE0Nzk3MGE1NzcwIiwidCI6IjE2M...

Thanks for your support.

Tristan

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, I think you should check if your tenant admin has disabled this option in the admin portal and if you has set RLS for your dataset. Because these are the possible causes that will lead to this error.

For more limitations, please refer to this link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web#considerations-an...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

TristanKuesters
Resolver I

Hi,

as written, the "Publish to web" is enabled for extisting and new codes for the entire company.

Also there is no RLS defined.

As an overview:

• Reports using row-level security.  => not used
  • Reports using any Live Connection data source, including Analysis Services Tabular hosted on-premises, Analysis Services Multidimensional, and Azure Analysis Services. => not used
  • Reports using a shared dataset that is stored in a different workspace from the report. => not used
  • Shared and certified datasets. => not used
  • Reports shared to you directly or through an app. => Direct created
  • Reports in a workspace in which you aren't an edit member. => I'm admin
  • "R" and Python visuals aren't currently supported in Publish to web reports. => not used
  • Exporting data from visuals in a report that has been published to the web. => not used
  • ArcGIS Maps for Power BI visuals. => not used
  • Q&A for Power BI visuals. => not used
  • Reports containing report-level DAX measures. => not sure, what his means!
  • Single sign-on data query models. => not used
  • Secure confidential or proprietary information. => not used
  • The automatic authentication capability provided with the Embed option doesn't work with the Power BI JavaScript API. For the Power BI JavaScript API, use the user owns data approach to embedding. => not used
  • Admins can block public internet access, as described in Private links for accessing Power BI. In that case, the Publish to Web option is grayed out for your tenant in the Power BI admin portal. => not used
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

Have you checked if the preview page can normally display when creating the embed link in the Power BI service?

vrobertqmsft_0-1635389063879.png

Best Regards,

TristanKuesters
Resolver I

Yes, I checked this as well. Also the preview page showed after a lot of waiting the same issue.

jehsu

Hi - I am having the same issue as the OP, where a report that has worked for years just displays "This content isn't available now".  The preview page now also displays the same message "This content isn't available now."  last week it displayed fine.  any ideas?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my additional research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned. ICM: 264549541

The engineers are investigating this issue at current.

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

TristanKuesters
Resolver I

@v-robertq-msft

Any update on this issue?

TristanKuesters
Resolver I

Any update on this issue?