Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problems with streaming data visual tile

Streaming data is sending such data to PowerBI:

[
{
"status": "C",
"employee": "A",
"calls": 1
},
{
"status": "A",
"employee": "V",
},
{
"status": "A",
"employee": "U",
}
]

However,  in Visual chart on Tile (axis -> employee, legend -> status), instead of showing one column for each employee, all columns are pushed to the left. 
It seems that for each legend field Chart makes columns starting from left to right, and then does the same for next legend field etc.

renarsroze_0-1644497648308.png

With larger dataset it looks even uglier:

renarsroze_1-1644497855795.png

As far as I know it is not supported to sort data for streaming dataset in Power BI Service, perhaps you need to adjust the order in the json format of the data source manually.

In addition, you can create a new idea here to help us improve Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

As far as I know it is not supported to sort data for streaming dataset in Power BI Service, perhaps you need to adjust the order in the json format of the data source manually.

In addition, you can create a new idea here to help us improve Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

renarsroze
Regular Visitor

Problem is not that I need sorting.
Problem seems to be that chart seems to do some unexplainable ordering by itself.

It puts the column not in the actual position, but in the first available x axis position starting from the left. The same is with the bar chart where all bars are pushed up starting from the top.

Below are provide images of what is expected behaviour and what I actually see in the PowerBI streaming visual tile.

renarsroze_0-1644565388257.png

renarsroze_1-1644565555464.png