Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problems with Advanced filter for dates

Hi all, 

I have some problems with the advanced date filtering in PowerBi Services. These problems are only in PowerBi Services  and not in PowerBi Desktop. There everything works fine.

We are experiencing following problem with the advaced date filtering in PowerBi Services since some days:

1.The displayed date-format in the filter is: dd.MM.yyyy (as shown in the screenshot)  but inserting a date only works if I'm inserting  in following format: MM/dd/yyyy

1.PNG

2. If I'm choosing a date from the date-picker, I can select the date, then the correct date gets selected (display in the date-field in the MM/dd/yyyy, which shouldn't be like that), but when I open the datepicker again the reversed month/dates are selected. (If I have selected 6. august after reopening the datepicker 8.june is marked/selected)

3.  Inserting a date in the displayed fromat dd.mm.yyyy dosent work. (Using . as separator)  If I'm inserting the date with / as separtor in following format dd/mm/yyyy it gets automatically reversed to mm/dd/yyyy

4. Changing the time by up/down arrow changes the month and days in the date field.  dd/mm  to mm/dd and reverse

Could you please help me with that.

Thanks, 

Max

Comments
felipenicolodi
Regular Visitor

I opened a ticket with the support and they said that it really is a bug, they said that probably until Friday they will give me feedback about the correction forecast.

max_31
Advocate I

@felipenicolodi Thanks for letting us know!  If you get any further feedback regarding the correction forecast, please let us know.  Thanks

felipenicolodi
Regular Visitor

@max_31 I tested it again today and apparently the problem was resolved

Goofr
Advocate IV

I confirm that the problem is resolved.

Thanks!

max_31
Advocate I

Perfect, the provblem is solved.

Thank you!