Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problems using keyboard shortcuts in Page Navigator

I'm using Page Navigator for page navigation and it works well. However, in my published to web reports, I'm having problems with getting keyboard shortcuts to drill down to the individual page buttons in the menu. I've set the tab order and can navigate to the Page Navigator, but I can't get into the individual list of pages without clicking on list. This defeats the use keyboard shortcuts for visually impaired report consumers. Suggestions?

Hi @GaryC 

We use "Tab" to toggle different options in Page Navigator . If you want to get into the individual list of pages , you can use "Enter" or click the option . 

As for the drill down you mentioned , can you explain it with screenshoot or video ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
GaryC
Kudo Commander

On further testing, it appears the issue is related to the Page Navigator being grouped with other items in the selection (i.e. shape background, menu close button, etc.). Ungrouping the various elements allows me to access the pages via keyboard shortcuts. So, it appears I can get it working for report consumers who are visually impared, but it is going to make management of the pages much more tedious. Wondering if MS can address the lack of "drill-down" into grouped items for accessibility.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @GaryC 

We use "Tab" to toggle different options in Page Navigator . If you want to get into the individual list of pages , you can use "Enter" or click the option . 

As for the drill down you mentioned , can you explain it with screenshoot or video ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

GaryC
Kudo Commander

I have the various compontents of a menu bar, with a link to view a bookmark that displays a fly-out shape and on top of which I display the Page Navigator (Screenshot 1-NavMenu.png). The components of the menu bar and the navigation menu are grouped into separate groups (Menu bar and Nav menu respectively (screenshot 2-NavMenuGroups)). I can tab through the individual icons of the menu bar (Home, Navigation Menu, Help icons) but then cannot tab to the individual page buttons contained in the Page Navigator (Screenshot 3-NaveMenuTabOrder).

1-NavMenu.PNG   2-NavMenuGroups.PNG   3-NavMenuTabOrder.PNG.