Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Problem with shared dataset (content pack)

Hi,

I have published a dataset in my organization as an organizational content pack. Earlier, there was no problems for users to copy the dataset to their workspace, enablig them to make their own reports. Today, another user tried the same by clicking Get Data --> Organizational Content Packs and clicking the intended dataset. The dataset imported as usual, but when the user clicked the dataset to copy it to the workspace, there was a dialogue saying "copying dataset, please wait" or something similar. Problem is the copy did not appear, so the user is unable to use the data. The user tried to refresh the page, tried to copy the dataset once more, etc. Nothing happened. 

Any help?

Comments
jlockhart

We are having the same issues, starting today as well.  We were able to modify the content pack, which originally only contained the dataset to also contain a report, and the user was able to download both to their workspace.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Currently, it is not supported to directly "make a copy" to content pack dataset, we can only copy content pack dashboard and report, as mentioned here.  

By the way, for dataset sharing, PG says "We are in the progress of rolling out a new feature called shared and certified dataset. Those models distributed via content pack will become shared datasets, in order for them to show up, user will have to have a report or dashboard referencing them in their workspace." CRI: 109989317

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft so right now there is no way to share a dataset only?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes. T'm afriad there is no way to share a separate dataset.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yulgu-msft that is horrible and I hope microsoft sort that out sooner rather than later.