Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem with 2nd January 2018 update - can't apply query changes

Yesterday I installed the latest PBI Desktop update for January 2018 - the second one for January.

Now, when I Edit Queries and create a new table, then try to apply those changes, the "Apply Query Changes" step gets stuck on the "Creating connection in model" step. It never finishes.

I have reverted to the earlier (12th Jan) version and it works fine. 

Has anyone else seen this?

Comments
gustavotorrealb
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem with my report in PowerBI, and I haven't had an answer....

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the July 2018 version, and I got the exact same error. I have 5 queries, which are created by duplicating a master query, and now I am not able to apply the changes...

Is there any workaround other that reverting to the first january update?

UPDATE:

I copied  the code from the advanced editor to a new blank query, and it solved the issue. Could work for others as a quick workaround until a fix is made.

jpboyes56
Regular Visitor

I just had this same issue after updating to the April 2019 version and I thought this issue had resurfaced. After some testing, I found that one query had suddenly started trying to pull infinite columns from one sheet of one of my workbooks. This seemed to have started after inserting a row into a two-column list (not table). 

I fixed the problem by copying/pasting the two column list to another new sheet, then PowerBI only tried to import those two columns, so it was able to complete the refresh in a normal amount of time.

I'm noting this here because my PowerBI desktop application never specifically noted that i had too many columns. I was only able to see it by looking in the query preview window for that sheet.

I hope this helps someone!