Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem when publishing dataset

Dear all,

Further to last powerbi service in july, i get problem with mysql database.

when i publish mysql dataset with database name in upper case, conversion is done in lower case.

so i have, for example, ORG1 in powerbi desktop and org1 on powerbi service.

is there anyone that have the problem ?

regards,

laurent

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ljilibert

The dataset name in Power BI Service should be consistent with the PBIX file name. Are you referring to the one in following screenshot?

Problem when publishing dataset_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

ljilibert
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

In fact I'm talking about the "database name" in the database parameter.

Sans titre.png

On left I have "ORG1" in powerbi desktop, and on the right side I get "org1" in powerbi service.

Regards,

Laurent J.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ljilibert

The server and database name are not case sensitive according to https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-gateway-onprem-tshoot/#datasets. Are you not able to sign in after input username and password in "Edit credentials"?

Best Regards,
Herbert

ljilibert
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the link but as mentionned earlier in the post, I can't sign after publishing when going in "Edit credentials" because :

1-in pbix I get "xx.xx.xx.xx:ORG1"

2-in PowerBI Service I have "xx.xx.xx.xx:org1

I can read that's not case sensitive but in my case it is case sensitive. This is why error message is "MySQL: Authentication to host 'xx.xx.xx.xx' for user 'YY' using method 'mysql_native_password' failed with message: Unknown database 'org1"

I'm free to exchange by skype or any other support.

Best regards,

Laurent J.

jgedddes65
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem as Laurent - the MySQL schema name has uppercase letters in it, which are preserved in the DataSet name but not in the login credentials when trying to refresh in PowerBI online.

A solution would be welcome.

Best regards,

Joe