Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem in Scheduled Refresh

Hi, 

I want to activate scheduled refresh in my report. However, when everytime I key the credentials it prompts me this error:

Failed to update data source credentials: ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the server running on host "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.redshift.amazonaws.com"  and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 1234?

Has anyone encountered this error before? Thank you 🙂

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@JulioXY,

Does your Amazon Redshift locate in public subnet or Private subnet? If it is in public subnet, please add an inbound rule to your security group and make sure that the firewall accepts inbound connections over the port that you configured for your cluster when firewall is on. For more details, please review this article: https://docs.aws.amazon.com/redshift/latest/mgmt/connecting-refusal-failure-issues.html.

However, if your data source is in Private subnet, you would need to make a ODBC connection with redshift. and install appropriate odbc drivers on gateway to refresh the dataset. There is a similar thread for your reference.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info