Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Problem connecting with Salesforce

Hi, im having an issue when try to connect Power BI with Salesforce.

Im doing all the steps according the document but, can´t connect Salesforce with Power BI

Analia_0-1637858412287.pngAnalia_1-1637858482553.png

Can anyone give me a hand with this?

You need to have Saleforce Analytics previously to install this app?

Where i can find this column that the error mention? 

Have found this message based on the error information:

The column does not exist in the rowset." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Analysis Service"

Perhaps you need to check the source whether the Site column exists, if you have not access, you need to contact the administrator to help.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Have found this message based on the error information:

The column does not exist in the rowset." Source="Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Analysis Service"

Perhaps you need to check the source whether the Site column exists, if you have not access, you need to contact the administrator to help.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Analia
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yingjl 

Can you give me help with this, and tell me where I can find those columns?

I'm trying to connect Salesforce with Power BI, but I don´t find in the documentation where those columns are, or if I need some special license to connect Power BI with Salesforce.

ReportBuilder07
Helper III

Hi @Analia were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues with my connection too. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png