Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Problem Incompatible with your current version of Miscrosoft Power BI Desktop

I create a file on version of Power BI Desktop 2018-08, thefort I open this file in the version 2019-08, however, i can't open this same file in the version of 2018-08, help me because i can upload this file o Report Server and Server of company is 2018-08.

I tried unistall all version of this one and install again, but failed to open this file.

Messsage: Incompatible with your current version of Miscrosoft Power BI Desktop. Please install the latest version and try opening the document again

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Have you used some new feature in your report when you create the pbix file? If you have, please go to File-> Options-> Preview features and enable all the features below:

2.PNG 

In addtion, if this issue still occurs, please go to diagnostic options and Enable tracing and crash dump collection, then post the error code for further analysis.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jimmy,

I didn´t use none new feature. I Just created all the file on 2018-08 and then opened this file in the new version 2019-08 Power BI Desktop, I only clicked some objects and save. After that, when I tried open this file in 2018-08 Desktop version i can´t open. Is version that i use to upload Report Server in company.

By the way, I didn´t find this "Preview features" on 2018-08 version. Can you explain all way to open this one?

I didn´t find none information on log when I try open this file too. The log came empty:

PBIDesktop.10504.2019-08-23T14-09-23-124142.log

Thank you