Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Pro trial over, lost access on workspace

Hi,

I experience the same issue as this person: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Pro-Trial-over-lost-access-to-workspace-and-reports/td-p/12...

How can I solve it, please?

Thanks in advance

Hi @abenalay ,

When your free individual trial of Power BI expires, or you cancel your trial, your license changes back to its previous version of Power BI, either free or Pro. The trial cannot be extended. If you want to use the functions again, you have to buy the license.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @abenalay ,

When your free individual trial of Power BI expires, or you cancel your trial, your license changes back to its previous version of Power BI, either free or Pro. The trial cannot be extended. If you want to use the functions again, you have to buy the license.

Best Regards,

abenalay

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

At this stage, I just want to continue to use the platform with the free license. However, I can no more access on the workspaces where I've been defined as viewer.

Regards,

Anis

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @abenalay ,

Yes, you will no longer be able to access this workspace unless it is assigned Premium capacity, which of course requires your organization to have purchased a Premium license.
As a Free user, you can only use My workspace, and any other workspaces you join or create will no longer be accessible after you become a Free user, which is a feature of the Pro license.

Best Regards,

abenalay

Hello,

Sorry, I'm not sure to get your answer.

In our organization, we currently have the P1. I can read in the documentation that in this scenario, I can open and view worspaces with a Free account and a Viewer role (source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-features). 

Is it something that must be setup on the workspaces?

abenalay_0-1653912879465.png

Best

Anis