Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pro Trial Ended and no access to reports

My manager had the free pro-trial subscription and when trying to extend the free pro-trial it gives him an error message.  Why is this happening and how can we get around this error message? I would also like to add that he can not access any reports sent to him to view.  

Another strange thing is when I add my manager as a user to view reports by using the company email address, it some how sends the link to his gmail account.  Not sure how this happens.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @lcallicutt,

Which error pops out when the manager try to extend pro trial? 

After Pro trial ends, to see a report which has Pro features, the free user is not able to view the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

lcallicutt
Regular Visitor

My manger does not have the option to extend pro trial and he is trying to view a report that is coming from a free user. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @lcallicutt,

As you mentioned the report is shared by a free user, I guess the report is shared before this free user pro trial expires, right? 

In Power BI service, with sharing, both author and recipients require Pro license, or the contents need to be in the Premium capacity. In your scenario, if your manager already tried the Pro trial but trial expires now, the manager needs to be a Pro user ( IT admin assign the Pro license or purchase Pro then assign to him ) to view the report. To check if your manager is a free user now, you can click Manage personal storage to view license: 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu