Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Print to PDF report being cut

Hi,

When we are trying to print the report from Power BI online website, some of the reports are being cut off.

Example in Power BI

Report In Power bi.jpg

Example print:

Print.jpg

Comments
stevenamani
Advocate II

We are also having this issue and need it resolved as soon as possible as it is affecting our business functions.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally before: CRI 108480238. Customer is using "Print current page" which invokes the browser's print (Ctrl + P) and does not use Screenshot Service for printing. We have feature in backlog to improve Print functionality. I would recommend customer to use Export to PDF functionality (Click on File -> Export to PDF) to generate a PDF version of their report.

Reference: 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/export-to-pdf-and-on-demand-e-mail-subscriptions-now-availa...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

stevenamani
Advocate II

The suggested resolution is not acceptable to us. We have  a lot of users that access PowerBI reports via the embedded API and therefore there isn't a "File -> Export to PDF". This is something that has been working flawlessly for over a year and broke all of a sudden in the last few days. 

We desperately and urgently need this functionality to be restored so that our users can are able to print embedded reports to PDF. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @stevenamani

PG team already created a bug item to track this issue, will update here once I get new information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

stevenamani
Advocate II

Thanks.

SilverK

We are having same issue. Does not work in IE, Edge or Chrome. 

*** Dear MS. Please keep in mind that we do not want printing to be "new experience". We want it to work as it should. 🙂 

AntonioCoelho
Advocate I

Any news regarding this issue? This affecting our business...

stevenamani
Advocate II

We have found that adding a line or shape accross the bottom of the report resolves the issue. You can set the color of the line to be the same as the report background so that it is not visible.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information below: 

"Also noticed issue only happens when using page background. The browser print did not cut off visuals on the right after removing background image. This looks like a bug in report canvas. We cannot provide ETA for the bug as it is now part of the backlog."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu