Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Preview feature paginated report not working correctly

I am utilizing the paginated report visual within a direct query pbix file. When first visiting the page with the paginated report visual it will load correctly with 2 parameters mapped from the pbix. 1 parameter is a slicer and one is a filter on the page. 

zacarroll_0-1638821314202.png

If I change the Week slicer to a different value the rdl prompts me to apply changes. I then click Apply Changes but nothing changes as it should on the paginated report visual with the new filters. If I then navigate to a different pbix page and back to the page with the paginated report then the visual has now updated as it should have before but did not. 

zacarroll_1-1638821320185.png

I was able to test each parameter separately and this was only occurring while using the parameter on the right side filter pane of all pages. 

Parameter mapping:

zacarroll_2-1638821346243.png

Hi @zacarroll 

Sorry, but I can't repro your issue. You may consider opening a support ticket for your issue in Power BI support by following the steps in this link How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
zacarroll
Advocate I

Actually, after further testing I realize this may be happening if you pass parameter values that do not return results for the paginated report

zacarroll_0-1638822392672.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @zacarroll 

Sorry, but I can't repro your issue. You may consider opening a support ticket for your issue in Power BI support by following the steps in this link How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

zacarroll
Advocate I

Why would the paginated report visual not update when I hit apply changes but does update if I navigate to different page and back? This was working fine a week or 2 ago

zacarroll
Advocate I

This is only an issue when the parameter choice does not return any values within the paginated report tablix. It is working fine for any slicer choice that does return >0 in the paginated report tablix

zacarroll
Advocate I

For example, if I choose a Call-Out Week in the slicer that returns all 0s or N/As then the paginated report will not update when changing the Call-Out Week slicer. If I change from a Call-Out Week with data to another Call-Out week with data this is working fine. Seems like it should update for either case and is a bug within Power BI

zacarroll_0-1638911022381.pngzacarroll_1-1638911030859.pngzacarroll_2-1638911036708.png

zacarroll
Advocate I

I unhid the parameters on the paginated report file and we can see that they are not updating when I hit apply changes after switching the Power BI slicer. 

zacarroll_0-1638979458364.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @zacarroll 

Not sure about the cause. As I mentioned earlier, if you still get this issue, please consider opening a support ticket and then there will be a support engineer help you troubleshoot on this issue. Thank for your cooperation and understanding! For how to create a support ticket, please refer to the following blog.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun