Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Preview feature paginated report not working correctly

I am utilizing the paginated report visual within a direct query pbix file. When first visiting the page with the paginated report visual it will load correctly with 2 parameters mapped from the pbix. 1 parameter is a slicer and one is a filter on the page. 

zacarroll_0-1638821314202.png

If I change the Week slicer to a different value the rdl prompts me to apply changes. I then click Apply Changes but nothing changes as it should on the paginated report visual with the new filters. If I then navigate to a different pbix page and back to the page with the paginated report then the visual has now updated as it should have before but did not. 

zacarroll_1-1638821320185.png

I was able to test each parameter separately and this was only occurring while using the parameter on the right side filter pane of all pages. 

Parameter mapping:

zacarroll_2-1638821346243.png

Hi @zacarroll 

Sorry, but I can't repro your issue. You may consider opening a support ticket for your issue in Power BI support by following the steps in this link How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
zacarroll
Advocate I

Actually, after further testing I realize this may be happening if you pass parameter values that do not return results for the paginated report

zacarroll_0-1638822392672.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @zacarroll 

Sorry, but I can't repro your issue. You may consider opening a support ticket for your issue in Power BI support by following the steps in this link How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

zacarroll
Advocate I

Why would the paginated report visual not update when I hit apply changes but does update if I navigate to different page and back? This was working fine a week or 2 ago

zacarroll
Advocate I

This is only an issue when the parameter choice does not return any values within the paginated report tablix. It is working fine for any slicer choice that does return >0 in the paginated report tablix

zacarroll
Advocate I

For example, if I choose a Call-Out Week in the slicer that returns all 0s or N/As then the paginated report will not update when changing the Call-Out Week slicer. If I change from a Call-Out Week with data to another Call-Out week with data this is working fine. Seems like it should update for either case and is a bug within Power BI

zacarroll_0-1638911022381.pngzacarroll_1-1638911030859.pngzacarroll_2-1638911036708.png

zacarroll
Advocate I

I unhid the parameters on the paginated report file and we can see that they are not updating when I hit apply changes after switching the Power BI slicer. 

zacarroll_0-1638979458364.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @zacarroll 

Not sure about the cause. As I mentioned earlier, if you still get this issue, please consider opening a support ticket and then there will be a support engineer help you troubleshoot on this issue. Thank for your cooperation and understanding! For how to create a support ticket, please refer to the following blog.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun