Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Premium Workspace - API Source - Refresh Issues

I am able to establish connection with API and able to refresh in power bi service without any issue. BUT, when i publish my report to premium workspace and tried to refresh its throwing me this error => DataSource.Error: <pii>The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.</pii>. <pii> "API URL" </pii>. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: "Table Name" . 

If someone already faced this issue please explain me what exactly causing this issue, stuck with this for past 1 week. 

Hi,

Whether there is the detailed error message in refresh history or gateway settings when refresh failed, you can click 'Show details' in these panes to find it and paste it to the case reply in the format of text.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

Whether there is the detailed error message in refresh history or gateway settings when refresh failed, you can click 'Show details' in these panes to find it and paste it to the case reply in the format of text.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Banuprasaad
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

This is the detailed error message. 

Data source error: DataSource.Error: <pii>The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.</pii>. <pii>"API URL"</pii>. . The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: "Table Name"
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 42bd53a7-167c-49ce-a283-3ea51a551533
Request ID: ae075693-c09f-9bc3-d94f-a57b2f26b271
Time: 2022-02-25 08:43:03Z

We are using a REST API. Not using the gateway. I followed Chris Webbs's method. to connect with API though.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support

Hi @Banuprasaad ,

During our investigation, we found that some users have had similar problems in the past and needed to upgrade the TLS version of your Power BI application, you can check this link below to see if it helps to solve your problem.

"The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send". 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn