Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Premium Not Working in Browser

Hi all,

By 'not working', I mean the free user is prompted to upgrade to a pro licence, which is not how Premium is intended to work.

Premium does not work in any browser for our free users, internal or external to the domain, irregardless of browser choice, or device (i.e. a browser on a smartphone).

However, Premium does work within the Power BI mobile app for smartphones, and the Microsoft Power BI app found on the Windows 10 store.

Browser Issue.PNGPBI App.PNG

I have posted something similar here http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Premium-App-Still-Requesting-Upgrade-to-Pro-Licence/idi-p/236... but now have more information regarding the issue.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @darranm,

From the first screenshot, the app named Testapp is not Premium content, as there is no diamond icon.

q3.PNG

In your scenario, I would suggest you let the app creator go to the original app workspace, check if the Premium capacity is enabled.  If enabled, the app workspace should also has diamond icon.

q4.PNG

Regarding you mentioned the free user can view app content in Power BI mobile app, please double check the Power BI service account signed in within Power BI mobile app is the same one as used in browser.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

darranm
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Thank you for your responce. I went back, and double checked the app workspace. It was indeed Premium.

I have created a new app workspace now, 'TestNew'. In the screenshot attached it is Premium enabled with the Diamond, however the TestNew App, which has been published using the content in the app workspace, does not have a diamond.

Is there something else we need to do, within the app, to enable Premium on it? Or is it as simple as, if the app workspace is Premium, then so is the app?

I checked the username within the mobile app, and the Windows 10 store app too, it is the same user logging in to those, and the Power BI service. The service does not work but the apps do.

Premium.PNG

Thanks

Darran

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @darranm,

This is too strange. I guess the issue should be related to your Power BI service itself, please create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

darranm
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

When you say, related to our Power BI service itself, do you believe something fundamental may not have been set up correctly? Should we indeed see a diamond next to the app itself, as well as the workspace?

This is quite frustrating to our organisation, and we're struggling to find any form of official documentation.

I have raised a second ticket, as the first did not progress. Hope this will be resolved shortly.

Many thanks

Darran

darranm
Advocate II

For anyone else who may come across anything similar.

Make sure you have indeed purchased a Premium SKU, and not an EM SKU.

EM is indeed, only for embedding. Something we should have perhaps realised at time of purchase. P SKUs are needed for internal users, otherwise a Pro licence is still required.

Thanks

Darran