Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Predicted Text (intellisense) not working in DAX formula bar.

This is a consistent issue that I have made threads about before. Every now and then PBI just stops giving suggestions in the formula bar and the application needs to be restarted before it works again.

rusgesig_0-1669708883368.png

Hi @rusgesig 

What is your Desktop version ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
rusgesig
Helper IV

Oh look, it works after a restart - when is this going to be fixed, it's extremely annoying to stop everything and restart the application.

rusgesig_0-1669709009420.png

rusgesig
Helper IV

Gee, it stopped working again.

rusgesig_0-1669709187123.png

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @rusgesig 

The situation you describe is difficult to restore, it is a matter of randomness. There is no good solution for this. I suggest you can upgrade to the latest version of Desktop, maybe this problem is improved on the new version.

Best Regards,

rusgesig
Helper IV

@ Ailsa-msft

I am trying to report a bug. Why did you change the status to delivered? This is obviously an issue with the application itself. I am on the latest version since I use the version from the Microsoft store. Telling me that your paid software I depend on for delivering accurate information 'is a result of randomness' does not inspire confidence in your product.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @rusgesig 

What is your Desktop version ?

Best Regards,

seahawkzim

Same thing here.  I'm typing in a DAX expression, make a mistake, go back to fix it and Intellisense is nowhere to be found.  Happens all the time.  I'm using the December 2022 version.  Constantly saving the file and reopening it.  I also just noticed tonight that I typed in a function, deleted it and proceeded to type in another function.  Intellisense however was responding to the old function even though it was clearly gone as opposed to most times just not working at all when I delete unwanted DAX.  I believe this has something to do with cache either not clearing or not clearing completely once DAX is deleted.  

rusgesig
Helper IV

Also still happening to me. They really need a more formalized process to address these bugs. I'm tired of giving the same answers in the same threads. This is especially infuriating when you have to spend 15 minutes staring at the 'working on it' message to create a new measure, then when you start typing there's no intellisense.
I'm also on the December version (Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022)) but this issue started well before that version was released.

archangel

Still seeing this problem on version 2.123.742.0 64-bit (November 2023)

is there a fix for this?  It's been a least a year since this is being discussed and reported.