Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Powerpoint will not Export Current Values

When attempting to export to Powerpoint with Current Values Indicated the output is Default Values. This appears to be fault for Powerpoint export only as Export to PDF correctly exports Current Values when selected. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Taoist1973

When we export the report to PowerPoint with Current Values option, it exports the report in the current state, which includes the active changes we made to slicer and filter values. Based on my test, the export with Current Values does work. 

q4.PNGq5.PNG

In your scenario, please ensure the active change is made by slicer or filter. Please note URL filters aren't currently respected when choosing "Current Values" for your export. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/consumer/end-user-powerpoint#limitations

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Taoist1973 

We are having the same issue. Did you manage to fix it? 

@v-qiuyu-msft  It works for some users and not for others. However,  I'm not sure why this is the case as all users have a pro-lisence and it seems like the workspace role doesn't matter (some are admins while others access the report through apps). 
Do you have any suggestions to how to debug this one? 

NhatTruong
Frequent Visitor

It doesn't work for me and my Workspace users both ppt and pdf exporting. It shows default values for both.

NhatTruong
Frequent Visitor

Hey @Taoist1973 

Microsoft is working on the issue:

"Power BI Customers exporting filtered reports to PDF or PPT from the Power BI portal will see default unfiltered values in the exported report. As a workaround, the PowerBI Desktop Client can be used to filter and export instead. Engineers are working on a fix and expect it to be deployed by end-of-day 11/22/2019."

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Taoist1973  thanks for the info. 

Pressing the 'reset to default' button fixed it for us, but is seems to reappear when whenever using certain bookmarks. Still, it works with slicers after resetting. 

uditanilgupta
Regular Visitor

I am still facing same issue. I am getting default unfiltered values in the exported report when exporting as PPT.

Can please someone help? Have microsoft resolved this issue?

NickTrent32
Advocate II

@uditanilgupta I was experiencing issues with this a few weeks ago, but it seems to be fixed now. I just applied a filter and changed the drill location on a report published to an app and exported to PPT with Current Values selected, and it worked correctly.

uditanilgupta
Regular Visitor

@NickTrent32  Do i have to publish the report again from Power BI Desktop making few changes in it?

NickTrent32
Advocate II

No, I filtered my report from within the service, and therefore altered the default values. And then exported

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I found the same issue reported internally: CRI 153048796. Please test again after 12/18 to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu