Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerQuery - Validating queries when saving is taking excessively long time

I'm struggling to be able to work efficiently with Dataflows as I am experiencing excessive times to 'validate' queries after pressing the 'Save & Close' button. For entities with even a minimal amount of transformation (eg. simply changing some column data types) I've experienced wait times of over 3 hours to simply save the query to exit out back to the main entity menu/view. Should things be taking this long for an output schema validation process, regardless of the size of the underlying table data? Is this an issue being experienced by others as well?

This is making it simply impossible for me to work with the Dataflows product in this way.

2019-12-03_16-00-57.png

Comments
openarchdata
Frequent Visitor

Brutally slow today even compared to prior slow days this week. Saving data flows is impossible currently.

JpaveyBI

USA same issue still in 2022!! - this is becoming totally absurd - I have literally everything in Dataflows and now I cannot even save additions because of this validation flaw!!!!  Totally deflated my entire company/project plans 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

2022 and we still have the same issue. More that 30 minutes in verification step and only 6 of refreshing.

QooT
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous Lucky you, I am experiencing timeouts, or at least 3-4 hours of validating time, and about 2 minutes of refresh whole DataFlow once it miracolusoulsy get saved.

dan_duluard
Regular Visitor

Yes, this needs fixed.  This issue basically makes AutoML impossible to use.  If I want to change the dataflow, I usually need to start from scratch and rebuild the dataflow and AutoML models. 

Daryl-Lynch-Bzy
Resident Rockstar

Personally, I think the Dataflow validation is working much better now.  There is a convenient panel to show how the validation process is working:

DarylLynchBzy_0-1649231687686.png

QooT
Frequent Visitor

@Daryl-Lynch-Bzy  Can you tell us where you have found this table?
For me it is still looking the same, although lately it is much faster, and no timeouts.

nabullock
Frequent Visitor

I have just started to see this popup screen too and the validation process has been a lot faster the last few weeks.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I see the same pop-up since yesterday. And some days ago I noticed better validation times. I hope it continues like this. 

Mahhdy1357
Regular Visitor

I think, the skip option also should be available!