Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerPoint Export

Hi,

I keep getting an error in BI online. 'Unable to export to PowerPoint". I have tried everyday for the past few days and it's not working. Can this be resolved?

Comments
AWard

Hi,

I keep getting an error in BI online. 'Unable to export to PowerPoint". I have tried everyday for the past few days and it's not working. Can this be resolved?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @AWard,

Firstly, please refer to the #limitations.

Secondly, can you export to PowerPoint with a very simple report?

What's the error messages?

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AWard

Hi, 

Firstly, for the past 6 months, I go to file and select export to powerpoint (preview) to generate this. Last week, I continually got an error with the heading in my first thread. I tried to copy the text from the error to paste in here but for some reason, copying the text in the error message wasn't working. I should've taken a screenshot and attached it. The error was followed by 4 or 5 lines of long numbers that made no sense. I tried to generate the error this morning and the export finally worked. 

P.S. I checked the limitations and the export to powerpoint was still available. 

Thank you. 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @AWard,

You said the "Export Powerpoint" finally worked. So glad to hear that. This issue could be occasional.

Best Regards,

Dale

mohsena67
Regular Visitor

I get a similar error each time I want to export as PowerPoint:

Unable to export to PowerPoint
We couldn't export your report to a PowerPoint file
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDad0d4be2-5d98-c09f-8fa0-124c7919362e
Request ID6e323faa-e567-dcfc-b4be-9854bc12d981
Correlation IDb2b6163c-1696-bee4-85e1-26d5f41a3769
Status code500
TimeMon Mar 26 2018 11:01:11 GMT+1100 (AUS Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.4759.170
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net